Sunday, June 24, 2012

Arrived in San Diego for ISTE conference

Pin It Now! I arrived in San Diego today for the ISTE conference. Baby Bear did something this week that made me believe even stronger that teachers need to embrace technology in education.

We were at a cash register and thee was a screen that faced Baby Bear and I with advertisements of specials in the store. Baby Bear immediately touched the screen to play with the images. It floored me to think that Baby Bear just assumes that all screens are interactive. 21 months old and this is her native language as a digital baby.

The other thing that happened this week about technology in our lives was a college student that I know described her major as a hashtag (#).

I feel that I am pretty tech savvy, but there are fast moving social media outlets that still puzzle me on how to use then to their fullest potential. The one thing that I am sure about is the potential for kids to discover more and learn better then they could without the aid of a computer or smart device.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...