Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Dorothy Costume!

Pin It Now!
Baby Bear is going to be 
Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Purim

diY DOROTHY COSTUME


Materials
White Dress
Blue Gingham material (I only had 1/8 yard!)
Red Shoes preferable with sparkles! (Mine came from Once Upon A Child) 
Blue Bow or Ribbon 

ruby slippers

Baby Bear LOVES shoes and these sparkly shoes are so much fun.  She calls them "ish".  I wanted to do a cute-sy costume since she is so little, but I could not resist the slippers and it is much easier to make a costume that is all about the clothing.  I had a white dress that she got as a gift.  It is not my taste, but I kept it to the side just in case.  It is perfect for the white dress under the blue apron.  I then looked all over for a blue and white piece of fabric and asked some friends, but no luck.  I happened to have a black and white gingham scrap at the bottom of my pile, so I am going to make due with that.  


I cut a square the size of the top area and hemmed the edges under.  


Then i took the small piece that I had left and took off a 1 1/2 inch strip the hot dog way to save for the straps.  


Next, I sewed the edges under and attached the top square.  


Lastly, I folded the edges over for the straps and hemmed the edges.  I attached them to the top and to the back to tie together.  


I had a blue bow to put in her 'hair' as a final touch. 


dorothy costume photo


I will update with a photo of her wearing the dress, I was so excited that I had to post this right away!


My computer is getting fixed (can't live without photoshop) , so you please follow the blog so that you can get the pattern when I put it up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...