Friday, July 27, 2012

Eat your Veggies and Take your Vitamins

Pin It Now!


I know how hard it is to eat all your veggies and keep a healthy diet when pregnant with all of the cravings and aversions.  With Baby Bear I could not eat certain vegetables and meat, but I always took my vitamins.  Luckily with #2, I am into eating all of the veggies and fruits that I want pretty much.  


We started looking for a doula (labor coach/assistant) and during the interview she said that there is new research on how certain vitamins affect your labor and delivery experience.  With Baby Bear, my water broke and I did not have contracts, so she said to look it up.  Here is what I found

According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, taking a daily supplementation with 100 mg Vitamin C after 20 wk of gestation effectively lessens the incidence of Premature Rupture of Membranes (the bag of waters where the baby is). The longer that you have the bag of waters, the safer it is for your unborn baby to resist infection.

References: (Casanueva, et al.) Vitamin C supplementation to prevent premature rupture of the chorioamniotic membranes: a randomized trial1,2,3 http://www.ajcn.org/content/81/4/859.abstract

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...