Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Torah People in a Box

Pin It Now!
~I am Featured in the Passover Farbrengen Magazine~


I love making crafts because it makes the stories and themes of the holidays come alive.  

One of my favorite bloggers {Ashley Hackshaw from Lil Blue Boo} recently made some Super Hero people out of wood that were so cute.   I thought that would be a fun way to make Torah people to play with.  The only problem that I had was that the wood people used were not great for tiny hands to get to stand up easily.  

I looked around and found some other wood pieces that you can make chubby people out of!  This is really easy to make for or with your children and my baby could not keep her hands off the people because they look so fun to play with!




passover graphic
Click the above graphic to go to The Shul for Step by Step Tutorial Instructions  


{1} 
Materials
Wood glue
4 wooden Eggs with a flat bottom
Pack of Woodsies Head Rounds
Paint and Paint brushes
Black Sharpie Marker
Wooden Box with closure
Optional-chalkboard paint , chalk, and sealer is ‘craft smart’ brand and they also have the sealer and chalkboard paint in the same small bottles where they sell the acrylic paint.


{2}
First take the heads and glue them to the point of the eggs and let dry (preferably overnight) 

{3}
Now draw out the features with a pencil and then paint the body leaving the faces blank (that will go as the last step).   And paint your people to look like Moses, Miriam, Aaron & Pharoh.  

{4}
After the Paint is dry, add your face and details with your Sharpie marker.  

{5}
For the box you will want to paint the inside and bottom with the black chalkboard paint so you can stand it up to create your scenes.   

Now you are ready to play!  


2 comments:

  1. brilliant!!!! I love Ashley's blog too - what a terrific take on that for Pesach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I checked out your etsy shop and I love the It's not Easy Being Green, plus kermit is my fav. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...