Sunday, March 11, 2012

Composting

Pin It Now!
I am so excited that I just got a composting bucket as a present.  

What a weird present you think?!  Yes, but I really really want to start composting my kitchen waste.  



It pains me to think of all of the things that we through away that could be used for a  much better purpose.  All of the food scraps that are tossed in the trash actually have a negative effect on our planet.  They release methane gas when they are caught in the land fill1 .  

I have never actually officially composted with a whole system, but I did toss some yard waste onto my garden to compost into the soil.  I also added a large container of night crawler worms to my garden to get those nutrient rich castings to naturally fertilize the soil.  

I will keep you updated and will share how I make my composting bin when my bucket gets filled!





Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...