Thursday, March 13, 2014

Baby Bear Gets her Teeth Cleaned for the 1st Time

Pin It Now!
My mom is a Dental Hygienist and oral health has always been something that I was taught from a young age and made sure to do the same thing with my girls.  My mother-in-law does not have very many teeth, so this is super important that they develop good habits at a young age.   The day that they got their first tooth, I started the habit of brushing with a tooth brush.  

baby brushing her teeth

Here is Baby Bear at age 2, already wanting to brush by herself.  {don't worry, I always get them first!}

preschool kid getting teeth cleaned by dental hygienist

Age 3 is the first time that children should go for a dental cleaning with a professional.  Take them a few times before they have their own appointment.It may seem like a hassle to bring children with you when you go to you to the dentist {you should be going every 6 months} but they need to experience the sights and sounds of a dental office and how you behave when your teeth are getting cleaned.  I made sure to say things like "that tickles" and smile at the girls so they could see that I was OK. 

preschool kid getting teeth cleaned by dental hygienist

Mini sat on my lap this time while I got my teeth cleaned, then Baby Bear sat on my lap WHILE she was getting hers cleaned.  She agreed that only 3 teeth were getting cleaned, but when she realized that it did not hurt, the hygienist (my mom) did all of her teeth. 


Remember to get YOUR teeth cleaned every 6 months! 
 *Keep your own teeth*
*Prevent gum disease*
*Maintain overall health*
{Recent studies have shown a connection between heart attacks and gum disease}


PS-If you don't have dental coverage, it is much cheaper to prevent future needs then to wait until you need major dental care & You can also get discounted cleaning at Universities that have Dental Schools.




2 comments:

  1. Great tips! All of the Dudes saw their pediatric dentists every year starting at age 1, not for a cleaning, just a check up. So helpful when cleaning time actually came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very informative and coherent. I'm happy that I stumbled upon your page and hope to find more articles of such caliber on this site in the future.
    dental oakville

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...