Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Unicorn Food, Mermaid munchies and all things Princess

Pin It Now!
Baby Bear has been really crazy with her eating habits.  One would think that when you get an endless supply of "kid food" at camp that Baby Bear would eat so well.  Not so for this picky eater.  


You might remember this angelic face from last year that would eat about anything! But lately food has been a big issue for us.  I don't want her to grow up with food issues, so I am really sensitive to how I approach this issue.  

Problem 1: If she doesn't eat, she gets really moody and the whole problem gets escarbated. 

Problem 2: She tells us what she wants and then won't eat it

Problem 3: Veggies are mostly always turned down

Solution:  Make believe!
Rules: 1 meal & if you don't like it you can eat fruit, veggies or nuts instead {no exceptions!}

Baby Bear loves Mermaids, Unicorns, Princess and all things girly fantasy.  I got the idea in my head that I would tell her that I got a Mermaid recipe and made it for her dinner.  I called it "Mermaid sweet beans" and it was really just beans and rice. She tried it and was really excited.  She didn't LOVE it, but she actually tried it and took a few bites.  Sometimes she just fights us and won't eat anything, so I'll take it as success.  So far her favorite is the birds nest: soba noodles, with chicken cut up in squares on a broccoli tree.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...