Thursday, June 5, 2014

Shake-N-Bake Chicken Nuggets

Pin It Now!
I posted before about my homemade chicken nuggets aka Shnitzel in this post here but it has a long process that is hard when I have a time crunch.  I decided to try to come up with an easier version since my girls like chicken nuggets, but I want them to eat the chicken with no fillers added. 


I got a huge package of chicken breasts at costco.  We always get the large packs and cut them up to put in the freezer in smaller packages that we make using freezer paper. If I make just the cooked chicken, the girls will not eat as much as if I make them into schnitzels.  


Ingredients
2 ziplock bags
Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast or other pieces cut without the bone
6 eggs
2 cups flour {or gluten free flour}
3-4 cups bread crumbs {or I like to use Matzo Meal + Osem Chicken Consumme + parsley flakes + garlic powder}
Spray Olive Oil 



Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces.  Then put your flour in a ziplock bag with your chicken and shake until all the pieces are well covered.  In the 2nd bag add the eggs and shake them before you add the chicken.  Put the colander in the sink or over the garbage and dump out your chicken-flour bag into it.  You will want to shake them off so that there is not a lot of excess flour.  In the bag where the flour was you can add your bread crumbs. 

Next, place the pieces in your egg mix and shake until well covered.  Transfer the gooey contents into the bread crumb bag a few at a time and shake.  You will do this until all of the pieces are in the bread crumb bag.  After everything is well coated, dump them out into the colander.  



Lastly, you will spray with olive oil spray and cook them on parchment paper.  

Heat the oven to 400 and cook for 20 minutes. 

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...