Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Salt Dough Clay Hack~Cleanest way to make it

Pin It Now!


I obviously love to craft and DIY but when it comes to messing up my kitchen to do a craft, I am not so into it.  I wanted to make salt dough and came up with idea after backing some bread in my bread machine.  The shape that the bread cooks in is always so easy to clean and with the lid closed, flour does not get everywhere. 

Why not have the machine mix the dough?!!  

Salt Dough Recipe
{basically 2 parts flour for one part salt+water}

1/2 cup of salt
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of flour

Bake 250 for 2-3 hours on parchment paper 

I dumped all my ingredients into the bread machine and pushed the 'dough' button. 



To be honest, it makes a better consistency then I would make if I stirred it! Perfect to use as is, or add some food coloring to it.  

These pans are the best and they wipe clean with a spray of water.  The hardest part is cooking the dough.  I wanted to have the dough for Mini to play with and I was not intending to cook it since it is a safe non-toxic dough to play with.  The salty taste was also a deterrent to put it in her mouth again.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...