Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Classroom Prep DIY

Pin It Now!
I am the first Art teacher that my school has EVER had.  There is a new management company here, so they are bringing in all of the arts to enrich the program and develop well rounded students.

My school is an urban school in Detroit, and I don't have a budget to get supplies and things ready for my art room. I originally was given a room with no sink, so I got lucky with these desks that are supposed to be for a science classroom. 

  I had to scavenge in the school for places to put materials and things that were for using in the classroom. I still wanted it to look fresh and inviting, even though there are no art material yet (except for some amazing friends that donated things!) I found lots of milk crates and some bread crates in the kitchen and used them to store supplies.  


I decided to buy some duct tape to make it look like my materials were nice and new.

 

Looks so much better, so I started to add it everywhere that looked like it was a reused material.


I even covered the bread racks (that I will used to dry artwork) to make them look nice. I also added some of the artwork that my students at my last school left for me.  


~AFTER PHOTOS COMING SOON~

Help me with my Amazon Wish List! Or you can search: University YES art department 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...