Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Table & Chairs

Pin It Now!
Baby Bear at Ikea


Our Baby Bear needs a fun play area to keep her imagination growing. She is just at the age where she is starting to learn how to sit at a table and draw, so I decided that she needs a table. they also have one at the place she goes to babysitting at while I work out and without fail, the first thing she always does is go to the table and sit down. She will get one crayon and color for all of 10 seconds, but this is very coordinated and concentrated for a 14 month old.

I have been looking all over the internet for a table and chair set that we could get second hand and re-purpose. After 4 weeks I decided to bite the bullet and we took a family trip to Ikea. It is a love-hate relationship. Lets be honest: I LOVE Ikea, but I hate that I cannot just leave with one thing!

We wanted to just pick up the table and a baby gate, but ended up with
  • Baby gate + extension
  • glass bowl (on sale, the Mr. said we needed one)
  • 3 packs of straps to keep cabinets closed that little fingers can get into
  • plastic baby cuttlery (to go with our cups and bowls we already have. I will OK this as something that we did need, because they were out of it when we bought the set)
  • plastic potty (not sure why I really wanted that at the time, she has not even close to that)
Baby Bear really loved going to Ikea because she got to try out all of the pint-sized chairs and toys while there. Plus since we signed up for the Ikea Family we got a free ice cream. Mr. shared it with Baby Bear (who took it over for the last few bites as seen above) then got his own after she took it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...