Monday, December 12, 2011

digital savvy crafting & my 2012 wish list

Pin It Now!
Let me start by saying that you don't need any fancy equipment to craft, but if I could, there are some really cool new products that I want to try this year. They would also enable me to do things very easily that I used to need a lot of equipment for {Just FYI -I have no affiliation with any of these products}

The first one is the Silhouette an electronic cutting machine that you hook up to your computer and can design: heat transfers for customizing anything with fabric, vinyl wall art, etching designs for glass, temporary tattoos, and paper crafts like cards and scrapbook pages. It is similar to the cricut, but looks more advanced and more custom then what I think that the cricut can do.

The second one is Simply Screen™ Silk Screen Kit by Plaid. It is a kit similar to this machine I had as a kid called Print Gocco. The Simply screen kit lets you design an image on your computer that you print out and use to burn the design into a silk screen with a light that you can use to silk screen anything you want for 20 times. You are limited to the size of the screen, but it saves you a lot of money on equipment for creating your own screens. If that is too difficult for you, you can just buy some of the premade Simply Screen™ Silk Screen Stencils™ and Simply Screen™ Ink. There are so many fabric patterns that I want to try with this machine!

The third is the Cannon EOS Rebel T3 Metallic Gray 18-55mm IS II Lens Kit so that I can take better quality pictures


The fourth is Project Runway™ Limited Edition Combination Machine and the Project Runway™ Limited Edition Serger.

On the Combination machine you can upload designs from your computer to the sewing machine and it will embroider them on fabric. It would be a great tool so that I could personalize the clothing and crafts that I make.

The Serger would leave my old bernina serger in the dust..No more ripping out and starting over with these smooth seams and edges!


Combination Machine



Serger


And Lastly {for now} Epson Artisan 725 Series All-in-One It was voted the best Craft Printer by Babble and it would make a great all-in-one business center were I could scan, print, and copy my heart out! It is also usable to print out images off of a memory stick without hooking it up to a computer. {Preferably it would be hooked up to a Mac with the latest and greatest Adobe Creative Suite}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...