Saturday, September 17, 2016

Impromtu Games

Pin It Now!
I am trying my best to not play with my phone around my kids.  I see that they develop the habit that they want to play with the phone now when they are idle for a few minutes and I don't like that.  I want them to be able to entertain themselves and find things to do.  In the summer they don't have any devices because we are away at camp and I want those habits of mind to stay. 



Mini and I waited for Baby Bear at the bus stop and created our own tic tac toe game out of rocks and sticks. Mini learns that games have rules and she also practices taking turns in this game. She know how to play, but I am not sure she understands how to win, so I let her win a few times so we could talk about how a 'win' looks. 


You can also see our dog's shadow as we sit and play. Tried something similar? Let us hear in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...