Friday, May 30, 2014

DIY Father's Day Painted Canvas with Photo Frame

Pin It Now!

Men are always so hard to buy gifts for. While some Fathers may be OK with a tie, Mr. BBH doesn't want any gifts.  Handmade gift are alway accepted in our family though. I painted a tie for my dad when I was little and he still has {it in the back of his closet}.  One year for my Grandpa (z"l), I painted the name of all the grandchildren on a pair of shoes for my and he actually wore it for years.   



I found these really cute Create-A-Canvas with a photo frame at Michaels, and knew that I had a really fun gift for Mr. BBH.  



Materials
Create-A-Canvas
Paint
Paintbrushes
4x6 Shutterfly Photo Print ($.15 order online & pick up at Target)





You can leave the entire photo inside.  There is a film on the plastic insert that you can peel off before inserting your own photo.  It is much sturdier if you leave in ON while painting (we did not and it was flimsy). 



For me, the hardest part of the project is letting your kids be creative and do whatever they want on the canvas alone.  Baby Bear started out very colorful then made a blue mess.  



I let the canvas dry and had her add a 2nd layer.  You could also add a masking tape design or a vinyl sticker with a saying or name to peel off later.  



Have your kids sign and date the painting and insert your photos! 

What are you crafting for Father's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...