Sunday, May 6, 2012

You are Beautiful just as you are

Pin It Now!
I heard about a teen blogger who is making waves in the fashion world.  


She stated a petition against the airbrushing of images in Seventeen magazine.  I think that this should be the case for all magazines.  

I have has such issues with my body and self image and I wish that real women would be more prominent in the media.  

I am on the far left with the light pink shirt

There are so many things that I wish I could go back and say to teenage me.  I am sure that I thought terrible things about the way that I looked in this photo, but I now look back and think I was so cute.  I always had "I will love my body when ___" in my head.  If only I could see 20/20 then.  


You may think that you don't need to sign the petition because you are not a teenage girl, but you may be the mother/sister/father of a teenage girl some day and you need to take a stand.  

Here is a link to sign the petition 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...