Monday, August 13, 2012

Fabric Scrap Flower Tutorial

Pin It Now!
Fabric Scrap Flower Tutorial 
fabric scrap flower tutorial

I made some very cute custom dresses and had a few odd shape pieces left.  I decided to make a headband with them. 

fabric, chalk marker


Materials
Round bottom object around 4 inches that you can trace 
Fabric with enough room for 4 circles to be traced
Chalk Pencil
Glue Gun
Scissors
Felt or other thicker material for backing. I used Eco-Fi brand made from recycled bottles!

fabric with tin can

Trace with your chalk pencil and cut out 4 circles.  I use a chalk pencil because it is easy to remove the marks, but you can use a marker if you want to cut the marks off.


Fold your circles in quarters like the above picture


Pin your quarters into a circle and pin in place. 


Cut our the backing so that it is smaller then the flower fabric and will not show.



Sew in a circle closer to the middle to secure your flower to the backing. 


Use your glue gun to glue your button in the middle.  If you are going to use this as a fabric applique, then you will want to sew your button.  I made this into a headband.  I glued another fabric scrap onto my headband first before putting the flower on.  

PS-If you need a source for hair blanks, I love The Soda Pop Shop!


3 comments:

  1. follow your blog thru GFC from the mom's monday mingle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling!! I have a little boy right now, but I can't wait for a little girl so that I can make things like this! I"m pinning this so I can remember!


    I'm your newest follower from the Monday Mingle!
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Gotta try it!
    Thanks for stopping by MonkeysandTutus following you no)w :

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...